- Display the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional)
- Answer all 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers for this award and notify them of this
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer
So this was completely unexpected… I never thought I’d receive a nomination for blogging, especially as I’m still so new! I’d like to thank Sophie Smith (ShabbyShe) for the nomination – she has some great blog posts up and is super supportive and friendly on social media too!
What Makes Me Passionate About Blog Posting?
I knew that one day I wanted my name to be known for good reasons; for reasons that include opening minds, helping others and raising awareness of things I am personally passionate about. I blog as a hobby at the moment and love every minute of it because I get to splurge my thoughts out onto text and put myself in a vulnerable position to people who read my blogs. But, I tell you what, it is amazing. It’s so lovely to know that people out there really do engage with what I am talking about and send such positivity with it. One compliment I seem to receive the most is, “you write so beautifully” which is one of the main things that keeps me going. Even if I only manage to help one person in some way, that’s good enough for me.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I can’t stand odd numbers… they make me cringe! (Don’t ask why – I don’t know!)
- I used to really love watching WWE growing up as a child.
- According to my mum, I used to always sing on the bus when I was a toddler.
- After watching a CBBC show called ‘Cop School’ I decided I wanted to be a forensic scientist… despite hating science.
- My favourite colour is purple, yet I don’t actually own any purple clothes.
- As a baby, I decided to try and swallow a 20p coin (which got stuck) and had to have surgery to remove it.
- I love watching stand-up comedy shows.
- I used to binge watch ‘The Story of Tracy Beaker’ so much that I knew all the lines of every episode from season one (aren’t I embarrassing…)
- I feel the need to clean my ears every other day!
- Friends and family describe me as being a very thoughtful person.
- Question 1
What inspired you to start a blog?
Well, I wasn’t too happy about what was going on in the media and the world and I wanted to voice my opinion… Blogging was the best way to do it! (Plus I’ve always been a lover of the subject English.)
- Question 2
What’s your proudest achievement/moment so far?
Definitely being nominated for this! I was beyond shocked that I had been recognised due to the fact I only recently started being more open about my blog and actually connecting with other bloggers (another big step for me!)
- Question 3
What’s your dream job?
I have had my fair share of ‘when I grow up I want to be a…’ but my final, realistic dream job would be a journalist or an advocate for mental health awareness. I love the idea of going to places and sharing my story, as well as getting people to speak up about mental health. I especially like the idea of engaging with young people about this in schools, too.
- Question 4
My only hobby now is blogging. Although, I do love watching documentaries and occasionally find myself lured into my TV screen indulging in ‘Need For Speed Rivals’ on my Xbox One.
- Question 5
What makes you happy?
What makes me the most happy is making other people happy. I love making people laugh and smile with my goofy – sometimes incredibly corny – sense of humour and vault of broken accents. I also find satisfaction in lending a helping hand to anyone who needs it. Oh, yeah – food makes me super happy too!
- Question 6
Favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is the fact that I can write whatever is on my mind, send it out to the online world and knowing that people enjoy reading my blogs.
- Question 7
Do you play any musical instruments?
I don’t play anything anymore, however I did self-teach myself to play keyboard and pretty much mastered ‘All of Me’ by John Legend on it. I also used to play steelpans (beautiful instruments, by the way) and was actually in my primary school’s steelpans band, which I enjoyed so much.
- Question 8
Who’s your idol/inspiration?
Oddly enough, I don’t actually have an idol… However, someone who did inspire me a heap yesterday was Luisa Omielan. She’s a stand-up comedian and I happened to stumble across one of her shows. She spoke and presented the topic of body image in the most amazing, admirable way which really sparked a sense of aspiration inside of me.
- Question 9
My favourite animal is probably a sloth just because I relate.
- Question 10
Favourite place to visit?
I was invited by my close Hindu friend to go to the ‘Bhaktivedanta Manor – Hare Krishna Temple’ in Watford with her and it was the most beautiful and serene place I have ever been to. The people were so lovely and welcoming and it was a unique experience for me.
- Question 11
I’m an absolute slob when it comes to food and I really just want to say anything, but one thing I do really like is good Chinese buffet. Mmm.
My Questions For You:
- If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be and why?
- If you could only see the world in one colour, what would that colour be?
- If you were about to be sentenced to death, what would you want your last meal to be?
- What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What do you usually order on your pizza?
- What have you done recently that has made you feel proud?
- What is one thing you wish people would know about you?
- What is your main goal for 2018?
- If you could invent anything, what would it be?
Don’t forget to nominate other bloggers too and send me your link once you’re done!